Focus On Finances May 2019
By Jason Reeves
Click aqui para español- >Concentrarse en las finanzas mayo 2019
Hi everyone! I hope that you’re staying focused on your personal and financial goals! This month’s focus is on the importance of life insurance. There are a few topics that we will discuss and hopefully give you some clarity on.
- Life Insurance is expensive: There are two primary types of life insurance; whole life and term life. Essentially, whole life provides coverage for your entire life while term is for a specific number of years. As such, term life tends to be more affordable but can expire if not renewed. Also, in most cases, the younger you are the more affordable the coverage. Start young!
- My job provides Life Insurance for me: Although this may be true, your benefits don’t typically go with you if you leave. Also, most employers have a 60-90 day waiting period for new hires before they’re eligible for benefits, so you risk being uncovered. A supplemental policy remains in force regardless of where you work or your current situation.
- All insurances are the same: There’s several types of insurance that serve different purposes. The most well-known are health, dental, and vision. What often goes ignored is life insurance and disability income insurance. Each of these protect you and your loved ones in the event you’re unable to work or provide for them any longer.
- It’s just me, I don’t need Life Insurance: While it may just be you, medical and final expenses live on and are passed on to your family members, caretakers, or estate. Without proper coverage, there’s a risk of becoming a burden to those you care about.
- The process takes forever, I don’t have time: With the advancement of technology, getting a quote and having a policy put in place is easier and more convenient than ever.
Would you like to put together a personalized plan? Schedule your initial consultation at www.seguewealthmanagement.com -